Sunday, March 25, 2012

Easy Going Modern - Take Two

We were away for a few days this past week, and I brought my second version of Easy Going Modern with me to finish up. Photographed on location in Parksville, BC!

Easy Going Modern - Layer Cake Version

The top was made with a Terrain Layer Cake, and the back is a thrifted IKEA duvet cover. Quilted in wavy lines using a few different threads, all Aurifil.

Binding closeup

I found a fun purple striped fabric in my stash and it worked wonderfully for the binding.

Easy Going Modern - Layer Cake

I purposely didn't crop out my daughter in the upper left corner - that little "imp" was undertaking a 4-year-old's version of a protest since we dragged her from the playground for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES to snap a few photos of this quilt. Ah, kids. Hard to resist this face, though, eh?

My little imp

Linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations, Manic Monday, and Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and lovely sunny beach shot! And as for that little button at the end, totally irresistible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, she's too precious! (and great quilt, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that quilt is so simple and yet so striking. I love it! And the girl is pretty cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A person would be crazy to not love that quilt with those fabulous fabrics. The kidlet....so typical like mine but with a smile like that one, you can't stay mad at them for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt and I absolutely LOVE that little shot of your daughter in the corner. She's is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt, and your little girl getting herself covered in sand is cracking me up. What we would do without their "help?" : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish, Felicity! And she is pretty adorable! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so great! I love your pattern in prints too.

    And your little imp could not be cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable indeed! such a pretty little girl... ♥
    and it sounds like something Steiger would do. Pretty quilt though... I think I need to do one of these to bust some stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks awesome!! And what??? Did I hear you say you were in Parksville? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your quilt, it looks amazing in prints too. And your little one is so cute. I'm glad you didn't crop her out of the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is beautiful! Great idea to show those wonderful fabrics and the colourful backing is so wonderful! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! Stopping by from QuiltStory!

    Mrs.Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your simple layout that shows off these pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is awesome! Love the big blocks of print. Cute little smiley face, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Moda Terrain fabrics - did a quilt with 2 jelly rolls in the Popsicle pattern and am in the process of binding it. LOVE your binding fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh. can't wait to make one of these beauties!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* comments, and I try to respond to every one by email (but I can't if you're a no-reply blogger!). So go on, don't be shy - leave one to let me know you've stopped by!