Monday, June 18, 2012

Pouches, Pouches Everywhere

So I got on a bit of a pouch-making roll these last few days. I wanted to hone my skills for the VMQG/PMQG pouch swap so I decided that this year's teacher gifts were going to involve pouches.

Ta daaaaah!
Teacher Pouch Collage

Ms Beverly the music teacher is going to get one of the polka-dot pouches, and the other two are going to G's two preschool teachers, Ms Chris and Ms Cindy. All pouches will be filled with either some notecards or a note pad/pen set.

As if that weren't enough pouches, G was invited to a birthday party this afternoon. The Birthday Girl and her family are moving at the end of the month so the parents wisely requested no gifts, or perhaps a pre-loved book at most. G decided a pouch would be appropriate.

Brithday Pouch Collage
Two sides of the same pouch - my photo scaling is a little off!

She selected the fabric and we did the monogram stitching together. She drew the flower appliqué as well. We put a tiny notebook inside, and a brand new pencil too. I think the Birthday Girl will enjoy it.

Linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and Manic Monday linkies! See my sidebar for the buttons and join in with a recent finish, won't you?

8 comments:

  1. SO cute! And great gifts, I agree with Debbie. I've been bitten by the zip pouch bug a little bit as of late too. It's kind of fun to do something different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a pouch? Very cute and a great teacher gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love the pouch for a little girl. I bet she'll fill it with treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, way to go! Those will be well-appreciated gifts, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pouches - I especially love the one you two created together... Too cute. Added bonus of sharing your hobby hands-on with the next generation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pouches, Felicity! I've got to tackle zippers -- this is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great your daughter is involved in the process. What memories she will have later in life. Good job, mom!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* comments, and I try to respond to every one by email (but I can't if you're a no-reply blogger!). So go on, don't be shy - leave one to let me know you've stopped by!